Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Electro-Dubstep

I've narrowed my topic to Electro-Dubstep, and I'm super excited about it. There's a variety of ideas that come to my mind about the topic. First off, I want to explore why people are drawn toward certain types of electronic dance music. Within my group of friends, around half of us love trans while the other half like the harder sounds in dubstep. Based on the topic and title of this post, I'm sure you can guess that I love the harder stuff. Personally, it draws my attention because it really makes me want to dance to it. So it'd be interesting to see the responses people have about their music preference. Additionally, I want to dig into the history of it to really understand how these sounds came about. To my understanding, it is a fairly new type of EDM. I also know that LED is the main sponsor for events in San Diego, and they tend to promote harder music. So I definitely want to dig deeper into that. We'll see how far it goes. If time allows, or if I hit rock bottom, I will begin exploring the composition of the music and look further at the DJs that utilize this type of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment